⛤| 6 Ways To Type/Make A Pentagram Symbol Text On The Keyboard
A pentagram is a five-pointed star (⛤) formed by drawing a continuous line in five straight segments. It is one of the most widely recognized symbols in the world, with a long and complex history that spans many different cultures and traditions.
The sole purpose of this post is to teach you how to type or make the Pentagram symbol using the keyboard. You can visit this page if you want to learn more about the pentagram symbol, including its meaning, history, and more.
There are several unique ways to get the Pentagram symbol which include a simple copy and paste, using the insert symbol feature in MS Office for both Windows and Mac, and using keyboard shortcuts.
Without further ado, let’s explore these unique ways one can use to get the pentagram symbol text.
Method 1: Copy Pentagram Text Symbol
You can copy and paste this text Symbol wherever you need it. The copy button above will save you some time in doing so.
You can then paste it anywhere by pressing Ctrl and V on your keyboard once it has been copied.
Method 2: Use Alt X Code to type the Pentagram Text Symbol (Keyboard Shortcut for MS Word only)
The Pentagram Alt X Code is 26E4.
Note: This Alt X Code shortcut works in Microsoft Word only.
If you need to type the pentagram symbol in Word with this method, you can do so easily using the following steps:
- Step 1: Open MS Word: The first step is to open the MS Word document or text editor where you want to type the pentagram symbol. This must be a Word document and not a different text editor.
- Step 2: Position the cursor where you want to insert the pentagram symbol: This could be at the beginning of a sentence, in the middle of a paragraph, or anywhere else in the text.
- Step 3: Type the pentagram symbol’s character code: The character code for the pentagram symbol is 26E4.
- Step 4: Convert the character code to a pentagram symbol: After you have typed the character code, you need to convert it into the pentagram symbol. To do this, simply press the Alt and X keys at the same time. This will convert the character code into the pentagram symbol.
Method 3: Using the Character Viewer to get the Pentagram Symbol on Mac
The Character viewer is a tool on Mac that allows you to browse and insert special characters and symbols into your text. It includes a vast collection of characters, including emojis, symbols, math symbols, currency symbols, and many more.
Obey the following instructions to add the pentagram symbol on Mac using the character viewer.
- Place the pointer in the text where you want to type the Pentagram symbol.
- Press Control + Command + Space bar simultaneously to open the Character viewer.
- In the upper-right corner, click the expand button next to Search more categories.
- Select the Symbols category. This will open a list of all manner of symbols.
- Double-click on the pentagram symbol to insert it into the document.
These are the steps you need to take to insert the pentagram symbol text on Mac.
Method 4: Insert Pentagram Symbol Text in Word/Excel/PowerPoint
You can quickly insert any symbol in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, or PowerPoint by using this Insert Symbol window.
This is a tool that allows you to insert special characters and symbols like the Pentagram text symbol into your Office documents such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. It includes a wide range of characters, such as math symbols, currency symbols, arrows, and many more.
The steps below will show you how to insert the Pentagram Symbol in MS Office.
- Open your Word or Excel, or PowerPoint document.
- Go to the Insert tab.
- On the far-right section, you’ll see the Symbols group. Select Symbol > More Symbols.
The Symbol window will appear as below.
The pentagram text (⛤) can be found in this window. To find it easily:
- Change the Font to Segoe UI Symbol and type 26E4 in the Character code: box. The Pentagram sign will be selected as soon as you type the code.
- Insert it into your Word document by clicking the Insert button. Alternatively, double-click on it.
- Close the Symbol dialog.
These are the steps for inserting the Pentagram symbol text (⛤) and any other symbol in Microsoft Word and other Office apps on both Windows and Mac OS.
Method 5: Insert Pentagram Symbol In Google Docs
Google Docs is another text editor with which users may struggle to type or insert the Pentagram sign.
Meanwhile, Google Docs provides the simplest method for inserting symbols that are not found on the keyboard.
Without further ado, let’s get into it.
To get the Pentagram Symbol in Google Docs:
- Launch Google Docs and position your cursor where the symbol is going to be inserted.
- Go to Insert > Special Characters.
The Insert special characters window will appear. This window includes a search bar and a drawing pad.
- Using the Search bar, search for Pentagram. Then, in the search results, double-click on the text Symbol for Pentagram to insert it into Google Docs.
- You can also draw the Pentagram Symbol using the drawing pad located below the search bar. If Google Docs recognizes the drawing, it will display the symbol and similar ones in the results box. Then double-click the symbol to insert it.
These are the steps to insert this and any other symbol into Google Docs.
Method 6: Get Pentagram Symbol With The Character Map (Windows)
In Windows, the Character Map is a tool that can be used to view characters in any installed font, determine what keyboard input (or Character Code) is used to type those characters, and copy characters to the clipboard instead of typing them with your keyboard.
This section will demonstrate how to use the Character Map tool to easily copy and paste this Symbol.
Without further ado, let’s get into it.
- Search for Character Map in the Windows Start menu.
- You should see the character Map appear in the search results. Click on it to open it up.
- When it’s open, change to font to Segoe UI Symbol, and at the bottom left corner of the window, click to expand the Advance view options.
- To easily locate the Pentagram Symbol on the Character Map, search for the symbol name (Pentagram) in the search box.
The symbol will be displayed for you to copy.
- To copy this symbol, double-click it, and it will be selected in the Characters to copy box. Then, finally, click the Copy button to copy it to your clipboard.
- Place your cursor where you want the symbol and press Ctrl + V to paste it.
And there you have it.
These are the steps you can take to copy and paste the Pentagram symbol or other symbols on your Windows PC.
Most people have difficulty typing or getting the pentagram symbol. So, we’ve broken down the various methods and steps required to type or get it into your documents.
If you still have questions, don’t hesitate to ask in the comments section below this post.
Thank you for taking the time to go through this blog.