In this guide, you are going to learn a lot about the Music Natural Sign/Symbol.
First, we’ll look at its meaning, HTML & CSS Codes, Alt code, then the steps you may take to type this symbol text on your keyboard, and many more.
Without any further ado, let’s get started.
Meaning of the Music Natural Symbol
The Music Natural symbol is a simple, yet profound, representation of the power of music.
The symbol is often used in logos and artwork related to music, and its meaning can vary depending on who you ask.
For some, it represents the innate power of music to connect with people and affect them emotionally.
And for others, it represents the organic and natural quality of music, which is often seen as contrasting with the synthetic and artificial nature of modern life.
Whatever your interpretation may be, there is no doubt that the Music Natural symbol represents something special about the power of music to touch lives.
In Unicode, the Music Natural text symbol is the character at code point U+0266E. Its HTML code is ♮ and you can type it on your keyboard by pressing Alt + 9838 (in MS Word Only).
Continue reading for more details on this symbol.
Copy Music Natural Text Symbol
The easiest way to get the Music Natural text symbol is to copy and paste it wherever you need it. The copy button above will save you some time in doing so.
After copying this symbol, you can paste it anywhere by pressing Ctrl and V on your keyboard.
Music Natural Sign Information Table
The table below depicts a bird’s-eye-view of the Music Natural.
It summarizes to include some helpful information and data about this symbol. We will keep updating it to include the latest facts.
|Musical Notes & Music Symbols
|SHORTCUT 1 (MS WORD)
|Alt + 9838
|SHORTCUT 2 (MS WORD)
|0266E, Alt X
To the best of our ability, the above table has presented useful information about this text Symbol, including the keyboard shortcut, Unicode, and HTML code, as well.
Continue reading to gain a better understanding of how to type this symbol using the keyboard and some other methods.
How to Get the Music Natural Symbol
Although there is no dedicated key on the keyboard to type the Music Natural Sign, you can still get it through the keyboard.
You can also insert this symbol in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or Google Docs if you’re using one of the Microsoft Office or Google apps.
Below you’ll find several methods for accessing this symbol, including keyboard shortcuts and methods utilizing MS Office and Google Docs’ built-in navigation systems.
The Music Natural Alt Code (Keyboard Shortcut)
The Music Natural Alt Code is Alt + 9838.
Note: This Alt Code shortcut works in Microsoft Word for Windows only.
This Alt code method can be used to type this symbol by holding down the Alt key while typing 9838 on the separate numeric keypad on the right side of the keyboard
Below is a detailed step-by-step guide you may use to type the Symbol for Music Natural with your keyboard.
- Open your Microsoft Word document where you need to type this symbol.
- Click to place your cursor in the document where you need to type this symbol.
- On the keyboard, press down the Alt key with one hand.
- As you hold down the Alt key, use your other hand to press the Music Natural Sign Alt Code (9838).
- Now release the Alt key.
After you release the Alt key, the symbol (♮) will immediately appear exactly where you place the cursor.
Insert Music Natural Sign in Word/Excel/PowerPoint
You can quickly insert the Music Natural in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, or PowerPoint by using this simple mouse navigation.
The steps below will show you how to insert this symbol in Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
- Open your Word or Excel, or PowerPoint document.
- Go to the Insert tab.
- On the far-right section, you’ll see the Symbols group. Select Symbol > More Symbols.
The Symbol window will appear as below.
- The symbol (♮) can be found in this window. To find it quickly, change the font to Segoe UI Symbol then type 266E in the Character code: box. The Music Natural Symbol will be selected as soon as you type the code.
- Insert it into your Word document by clicking the Insert button.
- Close the Symbol dialog.
These are the steps for inserting the Music Natural Sign (♮) and any other symbol in Microsoft Word or other Office apps on both Windows and Mac OS.
Music Natural Sign In Google Docs
Google Docs is also another text editor with which users may struggle to type or insert the Music Natural Symbol.
Meanwhile, Google Docs provides the simplest method for inserting symbols that are not found on the keyboard.
Without further ado, let’s get into it.
To get this Symbol in Google Docs:
- Launch Google Docs and position your cursor where the symbol is going to be inserted.
- Go to Insert > Special Characters.
The Insert special characters window will appear., which includes a search bar and a drawing pad.
- Using the Search bar, search for Music Natural. Then, in the search results, double-click on the text Symbol to insert it into Google Docs.
- You can also draw the Music Natural Sign using the drawing pad located below the search bar. If Google Docs recognizes the drawing, it will display the symbol and similar signs in the results box. Then double-click the symbol to insert it.
These are the steps to insert this and any other symbol into Google Docs.
Music Natural Sign on The Character Map (Windows)
In Windows, the Character Map is a tool that can be used to view characters in any installed font, determine what keyboard input (or Alt code) is used to type those characters, and copy characters to the clipboard instead of typing them with your keyboard.
This section will demonstrate how to use the Character Map tools to easily copy and paste this Symbol.
Without further ado, let’s get into it.
- Search for Character Map in the Windows Start menu.
- You should see the character Map appear in the search results. Click on it to launch it.
- When it’s open, go to the bottom left corner of the window and click to expand the Advance view options.
- To easily locate this symbol on the Character Map, change the Font to Segoe UI Symbol and search for the symbol name ( Music Natural) in the search box.
The symbol will be displayed for you to copy.
- To copy this symbol, double-click it, and it will be selected in the Characters to copy box. Then, finally, click the Copy button to copy it to your clipboard.
- Place your cursor where you want the symbol and press Ctrl + V to paste it.
And there you have it.
These are the steps you can take to copy and paste the Music Natural Sign or other symbols on your Windows PC.
Adding Music Natural in HTML/CSS
The HTML code for the Music Natural Sign is ♮
The CSS code for the Music Natural Sign is \266E
Symbols like the Music Natural that are not found on your keyboard can also be added in HTML using entities.
HTML entities are used to display invisible and reserved characters that would otherwise be read as HTML code. It’s in the form of a string of text that starts with an ampersand (&) and ends with a semicolon (;).
To add the Music Natural Sign to an HTML page, you can use its entity name or number (decimal or hexadecimal reference) as shown in the example below:
// html example
<span> ♮ </span>
To display the Music Natural from CSS, you can use a CSS shortcode or CSS entity as shown in the example below:
// css example
Most people have difficulty typing or inserting this symbol. So, we’ve broken down the various methods and steps required to type or get it into your documents.
And as you can see above, we’ve attempted to cover as much information about the Music Natural text Symbol as possible.
Thank you for taking the time to go through this blog.