This guide will teach you a lot about the Theta Symbols Text, both uppercase, and lowercase.
First, we’ll look at their meanings, HTML & CSS Codes, and Alt codes, then the steps you may take to type these symbols text on your keyboard and many more.
Without any further ado, let’s get started.
Copy Theta Symbols
The easiest way to get the Theta symbols is to copy and paste them wherever you need them. The copy buttons above will save you some time in doing so.
After copying these symbols, you can paste them anywhere by pressing Ctrl and V on your keyboard.
Meaning of Theta Symbols
The theta symbol text (Θθ) in the International Phonetic Alphabets (IPA) represents the voiceless dental fricative, as in the words thin or thick. It does not represent the consonant in the word the. This is the voiced dental fricative, different from the voiceless one.
Theta Symbols Text Information Table
The table below depicts a bird’s-eye-view of the theta Symbols Text.
It summarizes to include all the essential and technical information about these symbols. We will keep updating it to include the latest facts.
|Alt + 233
|Alt + 952
Note: The shortcuts in this table can only work in Microsoft Word for Windows.
To the best of our ability, the above table has presented helpful information about these text Symbols, including the keyboard shortcuts, Unicode, and HTML codes.
Continue reading to better understand how to type these symbols using the keyboard and some other methods.
How to Type the Theta Symbols on the Keyboard
Although there is no dedicated key on the keyboard to type the Theta Symbols Text, you can still get them through the keyboard.
You can also insert these symbols in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or Google Docs if you use one of the Microsoft Office or Google apps.
Below you’ll find several methods for accessing these symbols, including keyboard shortcuts and methods utilizing MS Office and Google Docs’ built-in navigation systems.
The Theta Alt Code (Keyboard Shortcut)
Note: These Alt Code shortcuts work in Microsoft Word for Windows only.
This Alt code method can type these symbols by holding down the Alt key while typing the above Alt codes on the keyboard’s separate numeric keypad.
Below is a detailed step-by-step guide you may use to type the Symbol for theta with your keyboard.
- Open your Microsoft Word document where you need to type these symbols.
- Place your cursor in the document where you need to type these symbols.
- On the keyboard, press down the Alt key with one hand.
- As you hold down the Alt key, use your other hand to press the theta Symbol text Alt Code (233 for Θ and 952 for θ).
- Now release the Alt key.
After you release the Alt key, the symbol whose alt code you typed will immediately appear exactly where you place the cursor.
Insert Theta Symbols in Word/Excel/PowerPoint
Using this simple mouse navigation, you can quickly insert the Theta Symbols Text in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
The steps below will show you how to insert these symbols in Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
METHOD 1: Using Ms Word document.
- Open your Word or Excel, or PowerPoint document.
- Go to the Insert tab.
- On the far-right section, you’ll see the Symbols group. Select Symbol > More Symbols.
The Symbol window will appear as below.
The symbols (Θ and θ) can be found in this window. To find it quickly, change the font to Segoe UI Symbol and subset to Greek and Coptic, then in the Character code, type 0398 (for Θ) or 03B8 (for θ). The theta sign will be selected as soon as you type the code.
- Insert it into your Word document by clicking the Insert button.
- Close the Symbol dialog.
These are the steps for inserting the Theta Symbols Text (Θ θ) and any other symbol in Microsoft Word or other Office apps on both Windows and Mac OS.
Theta Symbols Text In Google Docs
Google Docs is another text editor with which users may struggle to type or insert the Theta Symbols.
Meanwhile, Google Docs provides the most straightforward method for inserting symbols not found on the keyboard.
Without further ado, let’s get into it.
To get these symbols in Google Docs:
- Launch Google Docs and position your cursor where the symbol will be inserted.
- Go to Insert > Special Characters.
The Insert special characters window will appear., which includes a search bar and a drawing pad.
- Using the Search bar, search for the theta symbol text. Then, double-click on the text Symbol in the search results to insert it into Google Docs.
- You can also draw the theta Symbols text using the drawing pad located below the search bar. If Google Docs recognizes the drawing, it will display the symbol and similar signs in the results box. Then double-click the symbol to insert it.
These are the steps to insert this and any other symbol into Google Docs.
Theta Symbols Text on The Character Map (Windows)
In Windows, the Character Map is a tool that can be used to view characters in any installed font, determine what keyboard input (or Alt code) is used to type those characters, and copy characters to the clipboard instead of typing them with your keyboard.
This section will demonstrate how to use the Character Map tools to easily copy and paste these symbols.
Without further ado, let’s get into it.
- Search for Character Map in the Windows Start menu.
- You should see the character Map appear in the search results. Click on it to launch it.
- When it’s open, go to the bottom left corner of the window and click to expand the Advanced view options.
- To easily locate these symbols on the Character Map, search for the symbol name (theta) in the search box.
The symbols will be displayed for you to copy.
- To copy these symbols, double-click it, and it will be selected in the Characters to Copy box. Then, click the Copy button to copy it to your clipboard.
- Place your cursor where you want the symbol and press Ctrl + V to paste it.
And there you have it.
You can take these steps to copy and paste the Theta Symbols or other symbols on your Windows PC.
Adding Theta Symbols in HTML/CSS
Theta symbols can also be added in HTML and CSS using entities.
HTML and CSS entities are special codes used to represent characters that have special meanings or cannot be displayed as regular text in HTML and CSS.
Entities are used to display characters such as angle brackets, ampersands, and quotation marks, as well as special symbols such as copyright, trademark, and multiplication signs.
Using entity codes is important for ensuring that HTML and CSS code is valid and can be interpreted correctly by web browsers.
To add the Uppercase Theta Symbol to an HTML page, you can use its entity name or number (decimal or hexadecimal reference) as shown in the example below:
// html example
<span> Θ </span>
To display the uppercase Theta Symbol from CSS, you can use a CSS shortcode or CSS entity, as shown in the example below:
// css example
Most people have difficulty typing or inserting this symbol. So, we’ve broken down the various methods and steps required to type or get it into your documents.
And as you can see above, we’ve attempted to cover as much information about the Theta Symbols as possible.
Thank you for taking the time to go through this blog.