The Spanish N with Tilde symbol (Ñ or ñ) is a letter of the modern Latin alphabet, formed by placing a tilde (also referred to as a virgulilla in Spanish) on top of an upper-case or lower-case N.
The uppercase N with tilde symbol is available in standard HTML as Ñ and in Unicode, it is the character at code point U+00D1, or 0209 in decimal notation. The lowercase n with tilde accent is available in standard HTML as ñ and in Unicode, it is the character at code point U+00F1, or 0241 in decimal notation.
For more information about this symbol, continue reading below.
Copy N with Tilde Symbol Text
The easiest way to get the N with Tilde Symbol text is to copy and paste it wherever you need it.
Save yourself some time with the copy button above.
Once it is copied, switch over to where you need this symbol and press Ctrl and V on your keyboard to paste it there.
Spanish N with Tilde Symbol Information Table
The table below contains some useful information about the Spanish N Symbol.
|Spanish N with Tilde
|0209 | 0241
|Alt + 0209 | 0241
|SHORTCUT 2 (WORD)
|00D1 | 00F1, Alt X
|U+00D1 | U+00F1
|ñ | Ñ
|Ñ | ñ
|Ñ | ñ
|\00D1 | \00F1
As much as possible, the above table has done a great deal in presenting some useful information about the N with Tilde Symbol including keyboard shortcuts.
The remaining section will explain this table further.
How to Get the Spanish N Sign
Even though there’s no dedicated key for the Spanish N with Tilde symbol on the keyboard, you can still get this symbol using the keyboard.
If you are also using any of the Microsoft Office or Google apps, there are quick navigations you can perform to insert this symbol in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or Google Docs.
Without any further ado, below are the various ways to get this symbol whether with your keyboard or using the navigation in MS Office or Google Docs.
Symbol for N with Tilde Alt Code (Keyboard Shortcut)
The Spanish N with Tilde Symbol Alt Code shortcut is Alt + 0209 for uppercase or Alt + 0241 for lowercase.
NOTE: This Alt Code shortcut works on Windows only.
You can simply use the Alt code method to type this symbol by pressing and holding the Alt key while typing the Symbol Alt code (0209 or 0241) using the numeric keypad on the right.
Below are detailed steps you may use to type the Symbol for N with Tilde with your keyboard.
- Open your Word document where you need to type the sign for Spanish N.
- Place your cursor at the desired location.
- Press and hold down the Alt key.
- Whilst holding down the Alt key, press the Spanish N with Tilde Alt Code (0209 or 0241).
- After typing the code, release the Alt key.
As soon as you release the Alt key, the symbol (Ñ or ñ) will immediately appear exactly where you place the cursor.
Spanish N with Tilde Symbol in Word/Excel/PowerPoint
For Microsoft Office users like Word, Excel, or PowerPoint, you can use this simple mouse navigation to quickly insert the Spanish N with Tilde sign.
Below steps will show you how to insert the Symbol for N with Tilde in Word or Excel or PowerPoint.
- Open your Word or Excel or PowerPoint document.
- Go to the Insert Tab.
- At the far-right section, you’ll see the Symbols group. Select Symbol > More Symbols.
The Symbol window will appear as below.
- From this window, you can find the symbol (Ñ or ñ).
- To find it easily, type 00D1 or 00F1 in the Character code: box.
As soon as you type the character code, the Spanish N with Tilde sign will appear selected.
- Click the Insert button to insert it into your Word document.
- Close the Symbol dialog.
These are the steps you may use to insert the this (Ñ or ñ) and any other symbol in Microsoft Word or other Office apps in both Windows and Mac OS.
Spanish N Symbol in Google Docs
Google Docs is yet another text editor that people struggle with when it comes to typing or inserting the Sign for Spanish N.
Meanwhile, Google Docs has the easiest way to insert symbols that are not found on the keyboard. Without further ado, let’s see how this is done.
To get the N with Tilde Symbol in Google Docs:
- Open Google Docs and place your cursor where you need the symbol.
- Go to Insert > Special Characters.
The Insert special characters window will appear with a search bar and a drawing pad.
- Using the Search bar, search for ‘n with tilde’. Then double click on the Symbol for Spanish N with Tilde in the search results to insert it into Google Docs.
- You can also use the drawing pad below the search bar to draw the Symbol for N with Tilde. If Google Docs recognize the drawing, it’ll display the symbol and similar signs in the results box. Then double click the symbol to insert it.
These are the steps you may use to insert this and any other symbol in Google Docs.
Sign for N with Tilde on the Character Map (Windows)
The Character Map in Windows is a tool that is used to view characters in any installed font, to check what keyboard input (or Alt code) is used to type those characters, and to copy characters to the clipboard instead of typing them.
This section will show you how to use the Character Map tools to copy and paste the Spanish N with Tilde Symbol with ease.
Without further ado, let’s get started.
- Go to the Windows Start menu and search for Character Map.
- The Character Map app will appear in the search result. Click on it to Launch.
- When it is open, look at the bottom left of the window and click to expand the Advance view options.
- To easily locate the N with Tilde Symbol on the Character Map, type ‘n with tilde’ in the ‘search for‘ box and hit enter.
The symbol will appear for you to copy.
- To copy this symbol, simply double click on it and it’ll be selected in the Characters to copy box. Then click on the Copy button to finally copy it to your clipboard.
- Place your cursor wherever you need the symbol and press Ctrl and V to paste the copied symbol.
And there you have it.
These are the steps you may also use to copy and paste the Spanish N symbol or any other symbol on your Windows PC.
As much as possible, we’ve tried to cover a lot of information about the Spanish N with Tilde Symbol.
Most people find it difficult to type or insert this symbol. So, we’ve broken down the several methods and steps needed to be able to type or insert it in Microsoft Word and Google Docs.
Thanks so much for reading this blog and have a wonderful day.