+ | Plus Symbol (Meaning, How To Type on Keyboard, & More)
A plus sign is a symbol made up of crossed horizontal and vertical lines used to represent positive expressions and also to indicate the addition of two numbers or expressions. The Plus symbol is available in standard HTML as + and in Unicode, it is the character at code point U+0002B and 43 in decimal notation.
Please see below for more information about this Symbol and how to use or type it in various programs and applications such as Microsoft Word (Word), Google Docs (Docs), HTML, and more.
Copy Plus Symbol Text
There’s no better way to get the Plus Symbol text than to simply copy and paste.
You can use the copy button above to save yourself some time.
Once it has been copied, you can paste it anywhere by pressing Ctrl and V simultaneously on your keyboard.
Plus Symbol Information Table
Check out the table below to learn more about the Plus Symbol.
|SHORTCUT 1||Shift + =|
|SHORTCUT 2||Alt + 43|
|SHORTCUT 3 (WORD)||0002B, Alt X|
Much of what you may need to know about this Symbol can be found in this table, which includes keyboard shortcuts, Alt code, Unicode, and more.
To help you learn more about typing or getting the plus symbol, we’ve included the following sections.
How to Type or Insert the Plus Sign
There are several other ways to get this Symbol, even though there’s a dedicated key for it on the keyboard.
Using Microsoft Office or Google Docs, you can quickly insert this Symbol in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or Google Docs by following a few simple steps.
Below are the methods for accessing this Symbol, including keyboard shortcuts and methods.
The Symbol for Plus Alt Code (Keyboard Shortcut)
The Plus Symbol Alt Code is Alt + 43.
NOTE: This Alt Code works on Windows only.
To type the Plus symbol on the keyboard, press and hold the Alt key and enter the Plus Alt code (43) on the right-hand numeric keypad, then release the Alt key.
The following are step-by-step instructions on how to type the Plus symbol on your keyboard.
- Open the document where you want to type the Symbol.
- Click and place the insertion pointer at the desired location.
- Press and hold down the Alt key.
- Enter the Plus Alt Code (43).
- After typing the code, let go of the Alt key.
After releasing the Alt key, the Symbol (+) will appear exactly where you’ve placed your cursor.
Insert Plus Symbol in Word/Excel/PowerPoint
You can quickly insert the plus sign in Word, Excel, or PowerPoint by using simple mouse navigation.
If you want to insert the Symbol for Plus in Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint, follow the instructions below.
- Fire up your Word or Excel, or PowerPoint document.
- Go to the Insert Tab.
- Look to your far right and you’ll see a section labeled “Symbols.” In this section, click on Symbol > More Symbols to see additional symbols.
The Symbol window will look something like this when you first open it.
- Here, you can see the Symbol.
- To find it easily, type 0002B in the Character code: box.
Once you enter the character code, the Plus sign will appear selected already.
- Click the Insert button to get the Symbol inserted into your Word document. Or double-click on it to insert.
- Close the Symbol dialog.
Use these steps to add the plus (+) Symbol to Microsoft Word or any other Office app on Windows or Mac OS.
Plus Symbol In Google Docs
This is another text editor where people may have difficulty typing or inserting the plus sign.
Meanwhile, Google Docs makes it simple to insert symbols in documents. Let’s see how this is done.
To insert the Plus Symbol in Google Docs:
- Open Google Docs and place the Insertion Pointer where you want to insert the Symbol.
- Navigate to Insert > Special Characters.
The Insert special characters window will appear with a search bar and a drawing area.
- Search for ‘Plus’ in the Search bar. Then, in the search results, double-click the Symbol for Plus to insert it into Google Docs.
- You can also draw the Plus symbol on the drawing pad below the search bar. If Google Docs recognizes the drawing, the Symbol and other similar signs will appear in the results box. Then, to insert, double-click the Symbol.
These are the steps to use in Google Docs to insert this or any other symbol.
Sign for Plus on the Character Map (Windows)
In Windows, the Character Map is a tool for viewing characters in any installed font, checking what keyboard input (or Alt code) is used to type those characters, and copying characters to the clipboard instead of typing them.
This section will show you how to easily copy and paste the Plus Symbol using the Character Map tool.
Let’s get started.
- Navigate to the Windows Start menu and search for Character Map.
- The Character Map will appear in the search result. Click on it to Open.
- When it opens, look at the bottom left of the window and click to check the Advance view options. This will expand the window for more advanced stuff.
- To easily find the Symbol on the Character Map, type ‘Plus’ in the ‘search for‘ box and press enter.
The Symbol will appear for you to copy.
- Simply double-click on this Symbol to select it in the Characters to copy box. Then, to copy it to your clipboard, click the Copy button.
- To paste the copied Symbol, place your cursor where you need it and press Ctrl and V.
And there you have it, the steps you may also use to copy and paste the Plus symbol or any other symbol on Windows.
We’ve tried to include as much information about the Plus Symbol as possible.
This Symbol is difficult to type or insert for many people. As a result, we’ve outlined the various methods and steps required to type or insert it in Microsoft Word and Google Docs.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this blog.