This post will teach you a lot about the Hammer and Sickle Symbol.
First, we’ll look at its meaning, HTML, CSS and Alt codes, Copy & Paste button, then the steps you may take to type this symbol text on your keyboard, and many more.
Without any further ado, let’s get started.
Copy Hammer and Sickle Symbol Text
The easiest way to get the Hammer and Sickle text symbol is to copy and paste it wherever you need it. The copy button above will save you some time in doing so.
After copying this symbol, you can paste it anywhere by pressing Ctrl and V on your keyboard.
Meaning of the Hammer and Sickle Symbol
The “Hammer and Sickle” is a Communist symbol used in the Soviet Union. The hammer represents the industrial working class, while the sickle represents the rural peasants.
Together, these two groups make up most of the population in Communist countries. The symbolism of the “Hammer and Sickle” is that workers and peasants are united together in their struggle against capitalism.
The symbol is also sometimes used to represent international solidarity, as Communists recognize it all over the world.
In Unicode, the Hammer and Sickle text symbol is the character at code point U+0262D. Its HTML code is ☭ and you can type it on your keyboard by pressing Alt + 9773 (in MS Word Only).
Continue reading for more details on this symbol.
Hammer and Sickle Symbol Information Table
The table below depicts a bird’s-eye-view of the Hammer and Sickle symbol.
It summarizes to include all the essential and technical information about this symbol. We will keep updating it to include the latest facts.
|Hammer and Sickle Symbol
|Astrological & Zodiac Sign Symbols
|SHORTCUT 1 (MS WORD)
|Alt + 9773
|SHORTCUT 2 (MS WORD)
|0262D, Alt X
To the best of our ability, the above table presents some technical information about this text Symbol, including the keyboard shortcut, Unicode, and HTML code.
Continue reading to better understand how to type this symbol using the keyboard and other methods.
How to Get the Hammer and Sickle Sign
Although there is no dedicated key on the keyboard to type the Hammer and Sickle symbol, you can still get it through the keyboard.
You can also insert this symbol in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or Google Docs if you use one of the Microsoft Office or Google apps.
Below you’ll find several methods for accessing this symbol, including keyboard shortcuts and methods utilizing MS Office and Google Docs’ built-in navigation systems.
The Hammer and Sickle Alt Code (Keyboard Shortcut)
The Hammer and Sickle Alt Code is Alt + 9773.
Note: This Alt Code shortcut works in Microsoft Word for Windows only.
This Alt code method can be used to type this symbol by holding down the Alt key while typing 9773 on the separate numeric keypad on the right side of the keyboard.
Below is a detailed step-by-step guide you may use to type the Symbol for the Hammer and Sickle with your keyboard.
- Open your Microsoft Word document where you need to type this symbol.
- Place your cursor in the document where you need to type this symbol.
- On the keyboard, press down the Alt key with one hand.
- As you hold down the Alt key, use your other hand to press the Hammer and Sickle symbol Alt Code (9773).
- Now release the Alt key.
After you release the Alt key, the symbol (☭) will immediately appear precisely where you place the cursor.
Insert Hammer and Sickle Symbol in Word/Excel/PowerPoint
Using this simple mouse navigation, you can quickly insert the Hammer and Sickle into Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
The steps below will show you how to insert this symbol in Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
- Open your Word or Excel, or PowerPoint document.
- Go to the Insert tab.
- On the far-right section, you’ll see the Symbols group. Select Symbol > More Symbols.
The Symbol window will appear as below.
- The symbol (☭) can be found in this window. To find it quickly, change the font to Segoe UI Symbol,then type 262D in the Character code: box. The Hammer and Sickle sign will be selected as soon as you type the code.
- Insert it into your Word document by clicking the Insert button.
- Close the Symbol dialog.
These are the steps for inserting the Hammer and Sickle symbol (☭) and any other symbol in Microsoft Word or other Office apps on Windows and Mac OS.
Hammer and Sickle Symbol In Google Docs
Google Docs is another text editor with which users may struggle to type or insert the Hammer and Sickle sign.
Meanwhile, Google Docs provides the most straightforward method for inserting symbols not found on the keyboard.
Without further ado, let’s get into it.
To get this Symbol in Google Docs:
- Launch Google Docs and position your cursor where the symbol will be inserted.
- Go to Insert > Special Characters.
The Insert special characters window will appear., which includes a search bar and a drawing pad.
- Using the Search bar, search for Hammer and Sickle. Then, double-click on the text Symbol in the search results to insert it into Google Docs.
- You can also draw the Hammer and Sickle Symbol using the drawing pad below the search bar. If Google Docs recognizes the drawing, it will display the symbol and similar signs in the results box. Then double-click the symbol to insert it.
These steps are to insert this and any other symbol into Google Docs.
Hammer and Sickle Symbol on The Character Map (Windows)
In Windows, the Character Map is a tool that can be used to view characters in any installed font, determine what keyboard input (or Alt code) is used to type those characters, and copy characters to the clipboard instead of typing them with your keyboard.
This section will demonstrate how to use the Character Map tools to easily copy and paste this Symbol.
Without further ado, let’s get into it.
- Search for Character Map in the Windows Start menu.
- You should see the character Map appear in the search results. Click on it to launch it.
- When it’s open, go to the bottom left corner of the window and click to expand the Advance view options.
- To easily locate this symbol on the Character Map, change the Font to Segoe UI Symbol and search for the symbol name ( Hammer and Sickle) in the search box.
The symbol will be displayed for you to copy.
- To copy this symbol, double-click it, and it will be selected in the Characters to copy box. Then, click the Copy button to copy it to your clipboard.
- Place your cursor where you want the symbol and press Ctrl + V to paste it.
And there you have it.
You can take these steps to copy and paste the Hammer and Sickle symbol or other symbols on your Windows PC.
Adding Hammer and Sickle Symbol in HTML/CSS
The HTML code for the Hammer and Sickle symbol is ☭
The CSS code for the Hammer and Sickle Symbol is \262D
Symbols like the Hammer and Sickle not found on your keyboard can also be added in HTML using entities.
HTML entities display invisible and reserved characters that would otherwise be read as HTML code. It’s in the form of a string of text that starts with an ampersand (&) and ends with a semicolon (;).
To add the Hammer and Sickle Symbol to an HTML page, you can use its entity name or number (decimal or hexadecimal reference) as shown in the example below:
// html example
<span> ☭ </span>
To display the Hammer and Sickle from CSS, you can use a CSS shortcode or CSS entity, as shown in the example below:
// css example
Most people have difficulty typing or inserting this symbol. So, we’ve broken down the various methods and steps required to type or get it into your documents.
And as you can see above, we’ve attempted to cover as much information about the Hammer and Sickle text Symbol as possible.
Thank you for taking the time to go through this blog.