The accents on the e letter are used to change the sound-values of the letter.
Below has more stuff about these characters including shortcuts to type them on the keyboard, ALT codes, and very useful instructions to get any e with accent mark on MS Word, Google Docs, and more.
Alt Codes for E with Accent Marks Table
The table below contains some useful information about the E with Accent Mark.
|DESCRIPTION||E WITH ACCENT||ALT CODE||SHORTCUT|
|Capital E with Grave Accent||È||0200||Alt + 0200|
|Small e with Grave Accent||è||0232||Alt + 0232|
|Capital E with Acute Accent||É||0201||Alt + 0201|
|Small e with Acute Accent||é||0233||Alt +0233|
|Capital E with Circumflex Accent||Ê||0202||Alt + 0202|
|Small e with circumflex Accent||Ê||0234||Alt + 0234|
|Capital E with Umlaut Accent||Ë||0203||Alt + 0203|
|Small e with Umlaut Accent||ë||0235||Alt + 0235|
|Capital E with Macron Accent||Ē||0274||Alt + 0274|
|Small e with Macron Accent||ē||0275||Alt + 0275|
As much as possible, the above table has done a great deal in presenting some useful information and shortcuts for these accented letters.
The remaining section will explain this table further.
How to Get these Signs
Even though there’s no dedicated key for the E with Accent Mark on the keyboard, you can still get these symbols using the keyboard.
If you are also using any of the Microsoft Office or Google apps, there are quick navigations you can perform to insert these characters in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or Google Docs.
Without any further ado, below are the various ways to get any of these symbols whether with your keyboard or using the navigation in MS Office or Google Docs.
How to use E With Accent Alt Code (Keyboard Shortcut)
The Alt Code shortcuts for these characters are presented in the table above.
NOTE: This Alt Code shortcuts works on Windows only.
You can simply use the Alt code method to type any of these symbols by pressing and holding the Alt key while typing the Symbols’ Alt code (see table above) using the numeric keypad on the right.
Below are detailed steps you may use to type the Symbol for E With Accent with your keyboard.
- Open your Word document where you need to type the symbol.
- Place your cursor at the desired location.
- Press and hold down the Alt key.
- Whilst holding down the Alt key, press the character Alt Code (find in table).
- After typing the code, release the Alt key.
As soon as you release the Alt key, the symbols (Èè Éé Êê Ëë Ēē) will immediately appear exactly where you place the cursor.
Related: How to insert N with Tilde
E with Accent Marks in Word/Excel/PowerPoint
For Microsoft Office users like Word, Excel, or PowerPoint, you can use this simple mouse navigation to quickly insert theese E With Accents letters.
Below steps will show you how to insert these letters Word or Excel or PowerPoint.
- Open your Word or Excel or PowerPoint document.
- Go to the Insert Tab.
- At the far-right section, you’ll see the Symbols group. Select Symbol > More Symbols.
The Symbol window will appear as below.
- From this window, you can find the symbols (Èè Éé Êê Ëë Ēē).
- To find it easily, type 00C8 in the Character code: box.
As soon as you type the character code, on of the E With Accent marks will appear selected plus the rest of the accented e letters.
- Click the Insert button to insert it into your Word document.
- Close the Symbol dialog.
These are the steps you may use to insert this (Èè Éé Êê Ëë Ēē) and any other symbol in Microsoft Word or other Office apps in both Windows and Mac OS.
E with Accent Mark in Google Docs
Google Docs is yet another text editor that people struggle with when it comes to typing or inserting these letters.
Meanwhile, Google Docs has the easiest way to insert symbols that are not found on the keyboard. Without further ado, let’s see how this is done.
To get the E with Accent Mark in Google Docs:
- Open Google Docs and place your cursor where you need the symbol.
- Go to Insert > Special Characters.
The Insert special characters window will appear with a search bar and a drawing pad.
- Using the Search bar, search for ‘E With’. Then double click on the particular symbol in the search results to insert it into Google Docs.
- You can also use the drawing pad below the search bar to draw the Symbol you want to insert. If Google Docs recognize the drawing, it’ll display the symbol and similar signs in the results box. Then double click the symbol to insert it.
These are the steps you may use to insert this and any other symbol in Google Docs.
E With Accent on the Character Map (Windows)
The Character Map in Windows is a tool that is used to view characters in any installed font, to check what keyboard input (or Alt code) is used to type those characters, and to copy characters to the clipboard instead of typing them.
This section will show you how to use the Character Map tools to copy and paste anu E with an Accent Mark.
Without further ado, let’s get started.
- Go to the Windows Start menu and search for Character Map.
- The Character Map app will appear in the search result. Click on it to Launch.
- When it is open, look at the bottom left of the window and click to expand the Advance view options.
- To easily locate these symbols on the Character Map, type ‘E With’ in the ‘search for‘ box and hit enter.
The symbols will appear for you to copy.
- To copy this symbol, simply double click on it and it’ll be selected in the Characters to copy box. Then click on the Copy button to finally copy it to your clipboard.
- Place your cursor wherever you need the symbol and press Ctrl and V to paste the copied symbol.
And there you have it.
These are the steps you may also use to copy and paste the E with Accent Mark or any other symbol on your Windows PC.
As much as possible, we’ve tried to cover a lot of information about the E with Accent Mark characters.
Most people find it difficult to type or insert this symbol. So, we’ve broken down the several methods and steps needed to be able to type or insert it in Microsoft Word and Google Docs.
Thanks so much for reading this blog and have a wonderful day.