This post will teach you a lot about the Star and Crescent Symbol.
First, we’ll look at its meaning, HTML, CSS and Alt codes, Copy & Paste button, then the steps you may take to type this symbol text on your keyboard, and many more.
Without any further ado, let’s get started.
Meaning of the Star and Crescent Symbol
The “Star and Crescent” Symbol is one of the most widely recognized symbols in the world. While it is most associated with Islam, it has also been used by many other cultures throughout history.
The symbol represents the moon and stars, which are often seen in Islamic artwork and architecture. The crescent moon is said to represent the newness of Islam, while the star represents the light of knowledge.
In Unicode, the Star and Crescent text symbol is the character at code point U+0262A. Its HTML code is ☪ and you can type it on your keyboard by pressing Alt + 9770 (in MS Word Only).
Continue reading for more details on this symbol.
Copy Star and Crescent Symbol Text
The easiest way to get the Star and Crescent text symbol is to copy and paste it wherever you need it. The copy button above will save you some time in doing so.
After copying this symbol, you can paste it anywhere by pressing Ctrl and V on your keyboard.
Star and Crescent Symbol Information Table
The table below depicts a bird’s-eye-view of the Star and Crescent.
It summarizes to include all the essential and technical information about this symbol. We will keep updating it to include the latest facts.
|Star and Crescent Symbol
|Astrological & Zodiac Sign Symbols
|SHORTCUT 1 (MS WORD)
|Alt + 9770
|SHORTCUT 2 (MS WORD)
|0262A, Alt X
To the best of our ability, the above table presents some technical information about this text Symbol, including the keyboard shortcut, Unicode, and HTML code.
Continue reading to better understand how to type this symbol using the keyboard and some other methods.
How to Get the Star and Crescent Sign
Although there is no dedicated key on the keyboard to type the Star and Crescent symbol, you can still get it through the keyboard.
You can also insert this symbol in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or Google Docs if you use one of the Microsoft Office or Google apps.
Below you’ll find several methods for accessing this symbol, including keyboard shortcuts and methods utilizing MS Office and Google Docs’ built-in navigation systems.
The Star and Crescent Alt Code (Keyboard Shortcut)
The Star and Crescent Alt Code is Alt + 9770.
Note: This Alt Code shortcut works in Microsoft Word for Windows only.
This Alt code method can be used to type this symbol by holding down the Alt key while typing 9770 on the separate numeric keypad on the right side of the keyboard.
Below is a detailed step-by-step guide you may use to type the Symbol for Star and Crescent with your keyboard.
- Open your Microsoft Word document where you need to type this symbol.
- Place your cursor in the document where you need to type this symbol.
- On the keyboard, press down the Alt key with one hand.
- As you hold down the Alt key, use your other hand to press the Star and Crescent symbol Alt Code (9770).
- Now release the Alt key.
After you release the Alt key, the symbol (☪) will immediately appear precisely where you place the cursor.
Insert Star and Crescent Symbol in Word/Excel/PowerPoint
Using this simple mouse navigation, you can quickly insert the Star and Crescent into Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
The steps below will show you how to insert this symbol in Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
- Open your Word or Excel, or PowerPoint document.
- Go to the Insert tab.
- On the far-right section, you’ll see the Symbols group. Select Symbol > More Symbols.
The Symbol window will appear as below.
- The symbol (☪) can be found in this window. To find it quickly, change the font to Segoe UI Symbol then type 262A in the Character code: box. The Star and Crescent sign will be selected as soon as you type the code.
- Insert it into your Word document by clicking the Insert button.
- Close the Symbol dialog.
These are the steps for inserting the Star and Crescent symbol (☪) and any other symbol in Microsoft Word or other Office apps on Windows and Mac OS.
Star and Crescent Symbol In Google Docs
Google Docs is another text editor with which users may struggle to type or insert the Star and Crescent sign.
Meanwhile, Google Docs provides the most straightforward method for inserting symbols not found on the keyboard.
Without further ado, let’s get into it.
To get this Symbol in Google Docs:
- Launch Google Docs and position your cursor where the symbol is going to be inserted.
- Go to Insert > Special Characters.
The Insert special characters window will appear., which includes a search bar and a drawing pad.
- Using the Search bar, search for Star and Crescent. Then, double-click on the text Symbol in the search results to insert it into Google Docs.
- You can also draw the Star and Crescent Symbol using the drawing pad located below the search bar. If Google Docs recognizes the drawing, it will display the symbol and similar signs in the results box. Then double-click the symbol to insert it.
These steps are to insert this and any other symbol into Google Docs.
Star and Crescent Symbol on The Character Map (Windows)
In Windows, the Character Map is a tool that can be used to view characters in any installed font, determine what keyboard input (or Alt code) is used to type those characters, and copy characters to the clipboard instead of typing them with your keyboard.
This section will demonstrate how to use the Character Map tools to easily copy and paste this Symbol.
Without further ado, let’s get into it.
- Search for Character Map in the Windows Start menu.
- You should see the character Map appear in the search results. Click on it to launch it.
- When it’s open, go to the bottom left corner of the window and click to expand the Advance view options.
- To easily locate this symbol on the Character Map, change the Font to Segoe UI Symbol and search for the symbol name ( Star and Crescent) in the search box.
The symbol will be displayed for you to copy.
- To copy this symbol, double-click it, and it will be selected in the Characters to copy box. Then, click the Copy button to copy it to your clipboard.
- Place your cursor where you want the symbol and press Ctrl + V to paste it.
And there you have it.
You can take these steps to copy and paste the Star and Crescent symbol or other symbols on your Windows PC.
Adding Star and Crescent Symbol in HTML/CSS
The HTML code for the Star and Crescent symbol is ☪
The CSS code for the Star and Crescent Symbol is \262A
Symbols like the Star and Crescent that are not found on your keyboard can also be added in HTML using entities.
HTML entities are used to display invisible and reserved characters that would otherwise be read as HTML code. It’s in the form of a string of text that starts with an ampersand (&) and ends with a semicolon (;).
To add the Star and Crescent Symbol to an HTML page, you can use its entity name or number (decimal or hexadecimal reference) as shown in the example below:
// html example
<span> ☪ </span>
To display the Star and Crescent from CSS, you can use a CSS shortcode or CSS entity, as shown in the example below:
// css example
Most people have difficulty typing or inserting this symbol. So, we’ve broken down the various methods and steps required to type or get it into your documents.
And as you can see above, we’ve attempted to cover as much information about the Star and Crescent text Symbol as possible.
Thank you for taking the time to go through this blog.