This guide will teach you a lot about the Circled R symbols Text, both uppercase and lowercase.
First, we’ll look at their meanings, HTML & CSS Codes, and Alt codes, then the steps you may take to type these symbols text on your keyboard and many more.
Without any further ado, let’s get started.
Copy Circled R Symbols Text
The easiest way to get the R in a circle symbols is to copy and paste them wherever you need them. The copy buttons above will save you some time in doing so.
After copying these symbols, you can paste them anywhere by pressing Ctrl and V on your keyboard.
Meaning of Circled R Symbols Text
Circled R (Ⓡⓡ) is a typographic character that has various meanings and uses. When printed as a superscript after the name of a company or business, it means that the company or business is federally registered with the US Patent and Trademark Office, either on the Supplemental Registrar or Principal Registrar. The registered trademarks last for 10 years and if a person or business uses the registered logo, name, or symbol without permission of the owner, then they can be taken to court in lieu of trademark infringement.
Circled R Symbols Information Table
The table below depicts a bird’s-eye-view of the circled R Symbols.
It summarizes to include all the essential and technical information about these symbols. We will keep updating it to include the latest facts.
|Uppercase circled R
|Lowercase circled R
|Latin Letters symbols
|Latin Letters symbols
|Alt + 9415
|Alt + 9441
Note: The shortcuts in this table can only work in Microsoft Word for Windows.
To the best of our ability, the above table has presented helpful information about these text Symbols, including the keyboard shortcuts, Unicode, and HTML codes.
Continue reading to better understand how to type these symbols using the keyboard and some other methods.
How to Type the Circled R Symbols on the Keyboard
Although there is no dedicated key on the keyboard to type the Circled R Symbols, you can still get them through the keyboard.
You can also insert these symbols in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or Google Docs if you use one of the Microsoft Office or Google apps.
Below you’ll find several methods for accessing these symbols, including keyboard shortcuts and methods utilizing MS Office and Google Docs’ built-in navigation systems.
The Circled R Symbol Alt Code (Keyboard Shortcut)
|Circled R Symbol
Note: These Alt Code shortcuts work in Microsoft Word for Windows only.
This Alt code method can type these symbols by holding down the Alt key while typing the above Alt codes on the keyboard’s separate numeric keypad.
Below is a detailed step-by-step guide you may use to type the Symbol for the circled R with your keyboard.
- Open your Microsoft Word document where you need to type these symbols.
- Place your cursor in the document where you need to type these symbols.
- On the keyboard, press down the Alt key with one hand.
- As you hold down the Alt key, use your other hand to press the circled R Symbol Alt Code (9415 for Ⓡ and 9441 for ⓡ).
- Now release the Alt key.
After you release the Alt key, the symbol whose alt code you typed will immediately appear exactly where you place the cursor.
Insert Circled R Symbols in Word/Excel/PowerPoint
Using this simple mouse navigation, you can quickly insert the Circled R Symbols in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
The steps below will show you how to insert these symbols in Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
- Open your Word or Excel, or PowerPoint document.
- Go to the Insert tab.
- On the far-right section, you’ll see the Symbols group. Select Symbol > More Symbols.
The Symbol window will appear as below.
The symbols (Ⓡ and ⓡ) can be found in this window. To find it quickly, change the font to Segoe UI Symbol and subset to Enclosed Alphanumerics, then in the Character code, type 24C7 (for Ⓡ) or 24E1 (for ⓡ). The circled R sign will be selected as soon as you type the code.
- Insert it into your Word document by clicking the Insert button.
- Close the Symbol dialog.
These are the steps for inserting the Circled R Symbols (Ⓡⓡ) and any other symbol in Microsoft Word or other Office apps on both Windows and Mac OS.
Circled R Symbols In Google Docs
Google Docs is another text editor with which users may struggle to type or insert the Circled R Symbols.
Meanwhile, Google Docs provides the most straightforward method for inserting symbols not found on the keyboard.
Without further ado, let’s get into it.
To get these symbols in Google Docs:
- Launch Google Docs and position your cursor where the symbol will be inserted.
- Go to Insert > Special Characters.
The Insert special characters window will appear., which includes a search bar and a drawing pad.
- Using the Search bar, search for the Circled R. Then, double-click on the text Symbol in the search results to insert it into Google Docs.
- You can also draw the circled R Symbols using the drawing pad located below the search bar. If Google Docs recognizes the drawing, it will display the symbol and similar signs in the results box. Then double-click the symbol to insert it.
These are the steps to insert this and any other symbol into Google Docs.
Circled R Symbols on The Character Map (Windows)
In Windows, the Character Map is a tool that can be used to view characters in any installed font, determine what keyboard input (or Alt code) is used to type those characters, and copy characters to the clipboard instead of typing them with your keyboard.
This section will demonstrate how to use the Character Map tools to easily copy and paste these symbols.
Without further ado, let’s get into it.
- Search for Character Map in the Windows Start menu.
- You should see the character Map appear in the search results. Click on it to launch it.
- When it’s open, go to the bottom left corner of the window and click to expand the Advanced view options.
- To easily locate these symbols on the Character Map, change the font to Segoe UI Symbol and search for the symbol name (circled r letter) in the search box.
The symbols will be displayed for you to copy.
- To copy these symbols, double-click it, and it will be selected in the Characters to Copy box. Then, click the Copy button to copy it to your clipboard.
- Place your cursor where you want the symbol and press Ctrl + V to paste it.
And there you have it.
You can take these steps to copy and paste the Circled R Symbols or other symbols on your Windows PC.
Adding Circled R Symbols in HTML/CSS
Circled R symbols can also be added in HTML and CSS using entities.
HTML and CSS entities are special codes used to represent characters that have special meanings or cannot be displayed as regular text in HTML and CSS.
Entities are used to display characters such as angle brackets, ampersands, and quotation marks, as well as special symbols such as copyright, trademark, and multiplication signs.
Using entity codes is important for ensuring that HTML and CSS code is valid and can be interpreted correctly by web browsers.
|Uppercase Circled R
|Lowercase Circled R
To add the Uppercase Circled R Symbol to an HTML page, you can use its entity name or number (decimal or hexadecimal reference) as shown in the example below:
// html example
<span> Ⓡ </span>
To display the uppercase Circled R Symbol from CSS, you can use a CSS shortcode or CSS entity, as shown in the example below:
// css example
Most people have difficulty typing or inserting this symbol. So, we’ve broken down the various methods and steps required to type or get it into your documents.
And as you can see above, we’ve attempted to cover as much information about the Circled R Symbols as possible.
Thank you for taking the time to go through this blog.