In this guide, you will learn a lot about the Sun Symbols.
First, we’ll look at their meanings, HTML & CSS Codes, Alt codes, then the steps you may take to type these symbols text on your keyboard, and many more.
Without any further ado, let’s get started.
Meaning of Sun Symbols
|☀||The “Black Sun With Rays” is a symbol used by various groups throughout history, including the Nazis, Satanists, and Occultists. The symbol is often used to represent darkness, power, and mystery. While its exact meaning is unknown, the “Black Sun With Rays” symbol continues to be used by those drawn to life’s dark side.|
|☼||The “White Sun With Rays” symbol is a popular Buddhist symbol with various meanings. According to one interpretation, the white sun represents the ultimate reality or truth, while the rays represent the various paths that lead to it. These symbols can also represent the qualities of wisdom, compassion, and courage. It can remind us of the goals we hope to achieve in our lives and inspire us to follow the path of enlightenment.|
|☉||When you see the symbol of the sun with a dot in the center, it is often called the “sunburst” or “sun disk.” These symbols has been used for centuries in different cultures and religions. It can represent different things depending on the context. Some people believe that the sunburst symbolizes perfection, unity, and wholeness. It can also represent enlightenment, hope, and new beginnings. In religious contexts, it can represent divine power and authority. The sunburst is also often used as a logo or emblem for organizations or groups that stand for peace, unity, or justice.|
Continue reading for more details on these symbols.
Copy Sun Text Symbol
The easiest way to get the Sun text symbols is to copy and paste them wherever you need them. The copy button above will save you some time in doing so.
After copying these symbols, you can paste them anywhere by pressing Ctrl and V on your keyboard.
Sun Symbols Information Table
The table below depicts a bird’s-eye-view of the Sun symbols.
It summarizes to include all the essential and technical information these symbols. We will keep updating it to include the latest facts.
|NAME||BLACK SUN WITH RAYS||WHITE SUN WITH RAYS||SUN|
|CATEGORY||Weather Symbols||Weather Symbols||Weather Symbols|
|SHORTCUT 1||Alt + 9728||Alt + 9788||Alt + 9737|
|SHORTCUT 2||02600, Alt X||0263C, Alt X||02609, Alt X|
Note: The shortcuts in this table can only work in Microsoft Word for Windows.
To the best of our ability, the above table has presented helpful information about these text Symbols, including the keyboard shortcuts, Unicode, and HTML codes.
Continue reading to better understand how to type these symbols using the keyboard and some other methods.
How to Get the Sun Symbol
Although there is no dedicated key on the keyboard to type the Sun Symbols, you can still get them through the keyboard.
You can also insert these symbols in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or Google Docs if you use one of the Microsoft Office or Google apps.
Below you’ll find several methods for accessing these symbols, including keyboard shortcuts and methods utilizing MS Office and Google Docs’ built-in navigation systems.
The Sun Alt Code (Keyboard Shortcut)
|Sun Symbol||Alt Code|
Note: These Alt Code shortcuts work in Microsoft Word for Windows only.
This Alt code method can be used to type these symbols by holding down the Alt key while typing the above alt codes on the keyboard’s separate numeric keypad.
Below is a detailed step-by-step guide you may use to type the Symbol for Sun with your keyboard.
- Open your Microsoft Word document where you need to type these symbols.
- Place your cursor in the document where you need to type these symbols.
- On the keyboard, press down the Alt key with one hand.
- As you hold down the Alt key, use your other hand to press the Sun Symbol Alt Code.
- Now release the Alt key.
After you release the Alt key, the symbol whose alt code you typed will immediately appear exactly where you place the cursor.
Insert Sun Symbols in Word/Excel/PowerPoint
Using this simple mouse navigation, you can quickly insert the Sun symbols in Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
The steps below will show you how to insert these symbols in Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
- Open your Word or Excel, or PowerPoint document.
- Go to the Insert tab.
- On the far-right section, you’ll see the Symbols group. Select Symbol > More Symbols.
The Symbol window will appear as below.
The symbols (☀ ☼ ☉) can be found in this window. To find it quickly, change the font to Segoe UI Symbol,then in the Character code: box type 02600 (for ☀) or 0263C (for ☼) or 02609 (for ☉). The Sun sign will be selected as soon as you type the code.
- Insert it into your Word document by clicking the Insert button.
- Close the Symbol dialog.
These are the steps for inserting the Sun Symbols (☀ ☼ ☉) and any other symbol in Microsoft Word or other Office apps on both Windows and Mac OS.
Sun Symbols In Google Docs
Google Docs is also another text editor with which users may struggle to type or insert the Sun symbols.
Meanwhile, Google Docs provides the simplest method for inserting symbols that are not found on the keyboard.
Without further ado, let’s get into it.
To get these symbols in Google Docs:
- Launch Google Docs and position your cursor where the symbol is going to be inserted.
- Go to Insert > Special Characters.
The Insert special characters window will appear., which includes a search bar and a drawing pad.
- Using the Search bar, search for Sun. Then, in the search results, double-click on the text Symbol to insert it into Google Docs.
- You can also draw the Sun Symbols using the drawing pad located below the search bar. If Google Docs recognizes the drawing, it will display the symbol and similar signs in the results box. Then double-click the symbol to insert it.
These are the steps to insert this and any other symbol into Google Docs.
Sun Symbols on The Character Map (Windows)
In Windows, the Character Map is a tool that can be used to view characters in any installed font, determine what keyboard input (or Alt code) is used to type those characters, and copy characters to the clipboard instead of typing them with your keyboard.
This section will demonstrate how to use the Character Map tools to easily copy and paste these symbols.
Without further ado, let’s get into it.
- Search for Character Map in the Windows Start menu.
- You should see the character Map appear in the search results. Click on it to launch it.
- When it’s open, go to the bottom left corner of the window and click to expand the Advance view options.
- To easily locate these symbols on the Character Map, change the Font to Segoe UI Symbol and search for the symbol name ( Sun) in the search box.
The symbols will be displayed for you to copy.
- To copy these symbols, double-click it, and it will be selected in the Characters to copy box. Then, click the Copy button to copy it to your clipboard.
- Place your cursor where you want the symbol and press Ctrl + V to paste it.
And there you have it.
You can take these steps to copy and paste the Sun Symbols or other symbols on your Windows PC.
Most people have difficulty typing or inserting these symbols. So, we’ve broken down the various methods and steps required to type or get it into your documents.
And as you can see above, we’ve attempted to cover as much information about the Sun text Symbol as possible.
Thank you for taking the time to go through this blog.